Daytour to Wittenberg, the town of Martin Luther
for closed groups only
In 2017 the small town of Wittenberg – about 80 km (53 miles) southwest of Berlin – celebrated a very important anniversary.
It was Oct.31st 1517 when Martin Luther nailed here his 95 thesis against the selling of indulgencies at the door of the Castle Church, which led to the beginning of the Reformation – naturally an event of utmost importance to world history.
But not only because of Luther Wittenberg is worth a visit. During the era of the christian reformer Wittenberg was one of Germany`s most important centers of cultural- and art history.
Luther lived and worked here for many years, but also – among other well known contemporaries – the philosopher and humanist Philip Melanchthon and Lukas Cranach, one of the most famous painters of the German Renaissance.
The old town of Wittenberg survived almost in whole the second world war and was smartened up the recent years. This is why you find here wonderfully refurbished medival, baroque and Renaissance buildings which create a charming out of time atmosphere.
Full day tour Wittenberg – highlights:
Cranach Courtyards, Castle Church All Saints, parish church St. Marys, Melanchthon- and Luther-House, Luther Gardens, Hundertwasser-School and many more …
- Tour parameters: private tour just for your group
- Date and time: according to your schedule
- Starting location: your hotel
- Length: app. 8 hrs
- tour characteristics: day tour – on request we will arrange your lunch
- Transportation: depending on group size – 8 – 78 pers. coaches in different sizes
- Languages: engl., span., ital., french, russ. and more
Contact for guidance and booking
- Phone.: +49(0)30 61 30 58 61
- Email: email@example.com