30 years fall of the Berlin Wall – 1961 – 1989
Learn more about the history of the Berlin and the situation in Berlin during the Cold War.
- Why did the GDR build the Wall?
- How was life in West-Berlin during Cold War?
- Why did the wall fell in 1989?
- What happened then?
Let`s start with former transit-point Checkpoint Charlie, the symbol of Cold War in Berlin. Then drive with us through Kreuzberg, the well known neighbourhood which was surrounded by the Wall from three sides.
Along the former “no men`s land” from Kreuzberg to Treptow (East-Berlin). See one of the last surviving guard-towers.
Walk along the Eastside Gallery – the longest, still existing part of the Berlin Wall. Then drive by Alexanderplatz, former official centre of Berlin, capital of the GDR (East-Berlin) and have a stop at the Wall Memorial, Bernauer Str., the only place with an original part of the deathstrip – including the two walls and an original guard-tower.
The Brandenburg Gate is included as well – once it was the symbol of Germanys devision.
Checkpoint Charlie, Eastside Gallery, Wall Memorial Bernauer Str., Karl-Marx-Alley, Alexander Square, Brandenburg Gate, longest still existing part of the Wall in Berlins city centre, guard towers and more …
- Tour parameters: personal tour just for you (and your group)
- Date and time: according to your requests
- Starting location: any location you specify, e.g. your hotel
- Length: min. 2 hrs
- tour characteristics: besides Berlin Wall/Cold War more topics can be integrated
- Transportation: depending to group size: 1-2 Pers. limousine, 3-7 Pers. minivan, 8 – 78 pers. coaches in different sizes
- Languages: dt., engl., span., ital., french, russ. and more
Contact for guidance and booking
- Phone.: +49(0)30 61 30 58 61
- Email: email@example.com