Sightseeing Tour East-Berlin
During the Cold War, East-Berlin was the Sowjet Sector, but also capital of the “German Democratic Republic” (GDR).
It is hard to imagine how East-Berlin looked like before or right after the Wall came down – it was completely rotten.
After the reunification they pumped for 25 years a lot of money especially into the City-East – the historical city centre east of the Brandenburg Gate.
Though there is still a lot of work to be done, especially Paris Square close to the Gate and rebuilt in the 90s, impressing Gendarmenmarkt and world famous Museums Island are the major attractions of todays East-Berlin.
But on this unique Berlin Tour our guide will show you also Nazi-remnants, like the former Air Ministery of Hermann Göring or the location of the Führerbunker. Cold War Sites are of course also included – like the longest still existing part of the wall in district Mitte, tortured by “wallpeckers” in 1989. Colourful Eastside Gallery, longest still existing part of the wall, is a must anyway.
Gendarmenmarkt, Brandenburger Tor, Checkpoint Charlie, Friedrichstr., Unter den Linden, State Opera, Museums Island, Lustgarten, Berlin Cathedral, Alexanderplatz, TV-Tower, Karl-Marx-Allee, Eastside-Gallery, Hackesche Höfe, New Synagoge …
- Tour parameters: private tour exclusively for you (and your group)
- Date and time: up to you!
- Starting location: your hotel, airport or central station
- Length: 2 hrs min.
- tour characteristics: stops and route according to your requests
- Transportation: according to group size: 1-2 Pers. limousine, 3-7 Pers. minivan, 8 – 78 pers. coaches in different sizes
- Languages: dt., engl., span., ital., french, russ. and more
Contact for guidance and booking
- Phone.: +49(0)30 61 30 58 61
- Email: email@example.com