Walking Tour Spandauer Vorstadt/Courtyards
Old Berlin walking tour features “Nikolai Quarter”, Berlin`s cradle, where everything started, when Berlin was a small settlement at the eastern banks of the Spree river, was destroyed completely during World War II.
The GDR-Government restored it due to the 750 years celebration of Berlin in 1987, but not historically correct.
That`s why a real, authentic old part of town today is the Spandauer Vorstadt, formerly situated right in front of the medieval fortification walls of old Berlin.
Compared to the close-by center of Berlin, Spandauer Vorstadt survived the war rather undistroyed. With its narrow streets, lines of baroque houses (17th century) and romantic courtyards, it belongs to the UNESCO World Heritage and is a must for every Berlin visitor.
Enjoy with us following highlights:
Hackescher Markt, Hackesche Höfe, Sophienstr. Sophie-Gips-Höfe, Sophies Ballroom, Sophien Church, Große Hamburger-Street, Oranienburger Street, Heckmannhöfe, New Synagogue, Postfuhramt, Friedrichstr. …
- Tour parameters: individual and private walking tour
- Date and time: up to your requests
- Starting location: Hackescher Markt, am to pm
- Length: app. 2 hrs
- tour characteristics: walking tour incl. wonderful restored courtyards
- Languages: engl., ital.,span., french, russ. and more
Contact for guidance and booking
- Phone.: +49(0)30 61 30 58 61
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spandauer Vorstadt is a fascinating Berlin neighbourhood